SOLAR WATER PUMP
- The system operates on power generated using solar PV (photovoltaic) system.
- The photovoltaic array converts the energy into electricity, which is used for running the motor pump set.
- The pumping system draws water from the open well, bore well, stream, pond, canal etc.
- The system required a shadow free area from the installation of the solar panel.
- The operation of solar power pump is more economical mainly due to the lower operation and maintenance cost.
- It has less environmental impact than pumps powered by an internal combustion engine (ICE).
- Solar power are useful where grid electricity is unavailable and alternative source do not provide sufficient energy.